Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Attitude Shampoo, Hada Lobo Mask, Non-Drowsy Dramamine

I'm going to do a few quick reviews of some of the products I received for free in my Nurture VoxBox; as always, these opinions are my real, true thoughts of the product that I have gotten for free from Influenster and the respective companies.

The ATTITUDEliving shampoo I received is for color treated hair, which is definitely appropriate for my hair. I like the scent a lot because grapefruit is a favorite of mine, and I like that the brand really tries to avoid chemicals and steer more towards being a natural product. It lathered well and seemed to clean my hair well without doing any kind of damage or causing it to break (I have very awful hair that is fine, fragile, and frizzy). I enjoyed using this shampoo for the first time, and I will continue to use it as time goes on. It IS a whole, full sized shampoo, and with such a small amount of hair I don't have to use much! You can find #ATTITUDEatTarget .

After my shower I used my Hada Lobo mask. It has hyaluronic acid, which does have a weird gooey after texture on the skin until it fully absorbs. The product made my kids think that I looked like a ghost (my four year old was especially freaked out), and I did feel a little silly wearing it for ten minutes. Afterwards, though, my face did feel a bit refreshed and it did have more moisture than it would have otherwise. I don't like the goopy feeling it leaves, but eventually it goes away once the liquid fully goes into the skin. The mask doesn't smell and is very wet with serum; I think the mask could possibly be less wet and still just as effective without wasting so much product. I felt kind of bad throwing the mask away after one use because it was still sopping wet with product. I understand that the mask is a deep hydration treatment, but for my personal self it was not a favorite product of mine; I would much prefer to just use a good moisturizer as needed. This particular product would probably be a lot better for someone with much dryer skin than I have.

The thing I love about the non-drowsy Dramamine product the most is that it is all natural and simply made from a ginger extract. Ginger is well known as a super remedy for nausea, and it's one of the very few natural remedies that is tested as being effective for nausea of all types (there's an episode of MythBusters that focuses on this). We are going on a long car ride soon, and I will definitely utilize my Dramamine. I also love that, even for people that are unable to take regular over the counter medications, this gives them an option too to ease their stomachs! I'm very happy to find a remedy that is all natural becoming widely available to all.

CVS has Colgate Optic White toothpaste for $3; they have an in-store coupon for $2 off and I had a manufacturer's coupon for $1 off, meaning that all I paid on the product was $0.23 in tax. Get into CVS for your (basically) free toothpaste this week if you have Colgate coupons! Pretty darn good deal if you ask me; can't complain for buying a full size product for $0.23. I definitely will keep my eyes out, as always, for similarly good deals. I need to find somewhere that sells Method laundry products for a fair price - anyone know a place as such? I have three coupons for $3 each off of any laundry product!

Thanks to Influenster for helping me keep it freebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment