Friday, June 12, 2015

FL Country Superfest, Dove Advanced Care

Firstly, I have been involved with a Virtual Vox through Influenster. With a Virtual Vox, I *did* go buy this item - Dove Advanced Care Deodorant - to test for the purposes of different tasks through Influenster. This deodorant claims to work for not just 24 but a whole 48 hours; I typically shower every other day, so I figured I'd give this a shot and see how well this does for me. I have made a few observations and can easily note some drawbacks to a product like this. I'll pepper this discussion with a bit of my personal opinion.

Dove Advanced Care should, since it works twice as long, last twice as long as well in terms of the stick itself. The particular product I picked specifically mentions softening skin and evening out skin tone as well under the arms; I am not sure if this is something I've noticed already, but it is an interesting product in that respect. I am not sure if this an issue I have personally, but I have seen and known other people that might. I admit I mostly picked this particular variety of Advanced Care deodorant for the smell. I absolutely loved the fragrance of this! During the first few hours it smelled very strong and actually soaked deep into the shirt I was wearing during that period of time; by the end of day one it smelled normal. During day two there was no good smell left, but I have not smelled bad or foul at all during that point either. In all of these things, I see good from this product; I am definitely a "set it and forget it" kind of gal. Only having to use this once every two days is awesomely convenient.

There are disadvantages to such a product too, though. The good smell it has doesn't last more than a day (and definitely a bit less than that, even). It also concerns me that this product works for so long; what kinds of extreme amounts of chemicals and other unnatural things are being used here? Should I be concerned for my body and its pores being clogged to the point of who knows what? As someone who works in the natural foods industry, it is difficult to embrace a product just because it offers more convenience and a lower price point per usage while sacrificing clean ingredients. For my personal usage, this product should be more natural and perhaps sacrifice more in terms of the length of effectiveness.

Happy news - received my $25 box of Quest bars - super awesome! They got here much earlier than expected AND in enough time to take on my trip. The dates are good on them and they are my favorite flavor; I am so thrilled. Snacks galore for me! Yum!

Just a reminder - going out of town for Florida Country Superfest this weekend. We will be back on Monday, and I will give great updates as much as I can. I hope the night(s) go well and my mom can handle my babies. I love her so much for doing this for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment