Monday, June 1, 2015

Nurture VoxBox has arrived!

Best "mail call" yet for this mama since starting the blog.
Alright, my very first VoxBox campaign from Influenster arrived today. I love receiving free products, and even if I have to do a little bit of "homework" in the process; this VoxBox is full of cool items, and Influenster sends full size items so we can try them for a long term basis. I don't do videos much (or really ever), but I did a video during my "unveiling" of my Nurture VoxBox as part of my homework. It gives a great rundown of what products I have inside!

My first YouTube video just for a set of products. Eek!

As time goes on and I am able to try these out, I will definitely come with the feedback (or from whichever family member tries it, seeing as how I don't eat candy, potatoes nor rice) and give it right here on my blog and my other social media sites as well. I really am enjoying this part of the Influenster nation though; their tasks are very straightforward and not too difficult to complete. I really want to increase my social media presence, but it's hard seeing as how I don't have a circle of friends or a good way of advertising what I do. Either way, I definitely hope that I get more VoxBoxes in the future to try items for free in return for my unbiased opinions of them. It's the entire reason I created this blog in the first place (and I've grown to absolutely love doing this!).

I fed myself a free dinner of cooked bell peppers and onions mixed with a bit of my bacon left over from work's brunch bar yesterday (I did pay for the bacon, but only about $3, and it fed me for multiple days). I never realized how delicious bacon was mixed in with cooked peppers and onions! I am so glad I thought to add them in the mix; the salty bacon really worked deliciously with the sweet, tangy peppers and onions.
Home cooked birthday dinner on the cheap.
I also used my Hamilton Beach immersion blender to make my version of bulletproof coffee (I have MCT oil but don't usually use it; I like stevia and a little Splenda with a mix of heavy cream and salted butter - sweet and salty is my THING) as a dessert of sorts. I really love coffee, and buying that immersion blender has made putting a bit of butter in my coffee MUCH easier due to less clean up afterwards. It was a great purchase for basically nothing since I used my Walmart.com app credits for it!

Happy birthday to me - I even lit one of my extra candles that I've had for a long time to "celebrate". My house eternally smells pretty funky (old houses and old carpet just are terrible), so this is a nice way to feel calmer with a nice candle glow and have the area around me smell lovely. This scent is Oakmoss and Amber (think of a nice men's cologne sort of smell).
Makes sitting at the table working much nicer.

So I'm hoping to start the reviews of some items tomorrow, especially the shampoo (it's shower night and I actually am just running out of my old bottle of shampoo). The ATTITUDE brand shampoo is being carried at Target supposedly, and this one that I received is for color treated hair - which, of course, my hair is color treated since I did do a blog on it about a month ago! I also will go use my coupons for my free Uncle Ben's and OreIda products (probably at Publix or Winn Dixie) on Wednesday or Thursday after work.

Keep it freebie! I will be excited to receive some of the other items that should be in transit (Schoola skirt and my Chocolat perfume eventually - that one has not shipped yet but I bet they are super back logged after their promotion that I took part in).

No comments:

Post a Comment