Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mom On A Quest

I live a unique life, and with my new enterprises of a variety of free samples websites I am connected to and attempts at becoming a successful homesteader I wanted to document more of what I go through and try out on a regular basis. I have recently connected with BzzAgent, which networks people to try new products and campaigns, offering their opinions on what they are testing through social media (Facebook, Twitter) and blogs like this one. I am also a member of PINCHme, where I can get new free samples shipped out each month. My first shipment from PINCHme should be here within the next couple of weeks - I will definitely share pictures and opinions as soon as my samples arrive! I will also be using this blog as my springboard for my BzzAgent activities as soon as I am matched to a product campaign.


Me and my children.

So, a little about myself. I am Stacy, a 31 year old mother of three kids ages 2, 4, and 6. I work full time in the natural foods and supplements industry, but I spend much of my free time at home making candles for my small business, gardening, educating my babies (we are homeschooling my oldest and gradually introducing things to the younger two as well), and learning about nutrition (I have been strictly living a low carb lifestyle for 2 years now, successfully losing 68 lbs). I have an associate's degree in health information technology (medical records, coding, billing, and other administrative office work in the medical field) and may eventually go back to earn my bachelor's in nutrition. My hobbies include online gaming (I'm a big fan of Blizzard's games, especially Diablo III and World of Warcraft), reading a variety of fiction and non-fiction fare, logic problems (PennyPress' Logic Problem magazines are a long time addiction), and watching my favorite shows on Netflix (all of their original series are big favorites of mine).

Peppermint.


Potato.


Stevia.


My beautiful zucchini blossoms.

We are very low income, so my interest in obtaining freebies arose from a love of saving money, which I try to do through couponing (I'm not as active right now with this as I have been in the past, but I have been known to get a cart full of freebies through coupons before), sales, and now through websites offering free samples of new products. If I am shopping alone I rarely buy anything unless it's ON SALE! :) The "freedom" part of this blog is a little insight into my political beliefs: I am a registered Libertarian voter and believe in the integrity of the individual. We homeschool, work hard to learn homesteading skills such as farming and raising animals as a source of food, and own our own businesses to hopefully become self-sufficient and allow myself to work only at home instead of at a full-time job. With so much on my plate, finding time to do much else beyond all of these activities is nearly impossible.

Couponing Haul - I only paid sales tax, about $1, for all of these.

I would like to note that I have the following free trials en route from PINCHme (if you want to try out this website, use me as a referral through this link), so expect a large post regarding these products in the near future:
  • PureVia Stevia, Non-GMO sweetener
  • Equal Zero Calorie Sweetener
  • ZzzQuil Sleep Aid (will be tried by my other half, I have no real sleep issues)
  • Method 4x Concentrated Laundry Detergent
  • SheaMoisture Superfruit Complex 10 in 1 Renewal System
  • Gevalia House Blend Coffee
I also have recently ordered a new pair of shoes through Amazon (for over 60% off) and a case of 12 Quest bars, a full variety pack with 12 different flavors along with a protein packet sample. I also receive many new products for free through my job and will elaborate on items as I try them to supplement the other freebies I receive and items that I purchase for myself.

If you want to try BzzAgent as well, please use this link to use me as your referral. Both this site and PINCHme are fairly professional with very minimal emails; BzzAgent does utilize surveys to qualify you for campaigns, but they are an extremely confidential website and have never sent me unwarranted spam. PINCHme really requires little to no interaction, but I do plan on leaving reviews on the products I receive to try through their website interface.


I hope you enjoy my posts about various products and projects I'm involved in; please leave comments, questions, and feedback whenever you like! I am very interested in networking with others who are looking to expand their self-sufficiency horizons like my family.

Finished product - ready to sell.


Candles are my no muss, no fuss business. Such a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment