Monday, April 27, 2015

Quiet Day at Home

I have so very little to report. I guess I should start with the Walmart Savings Catcher app. I have not been as diligent as I should with it, but in total from when I started using it I had amassed around $17. The entire purpose of the app is to scan your receipt and compare the price you paid at Walmart with all of the ads at that current time. If a lower price is advertised for the exact same product, you get the difference back as currency to use at Walmart in the future. Using my currency, I purchased a new immersion blender that I should receive sometime in May! I paid almost nothing out of pocket.
Bulletproof Coffee here I come!
A full review will occur when I have the product.
I did some minimal garden weeding earlier today, and while I was outside I noticed our broody hen was officially on a nest break, so I snapped a picture of her cache of eggs.
I count 14 today; I wonder if the other
hen is still laying in the egg nest?
Quest bar of the day today was Double Chocolate Chunk. I shared it with my son, Quinlan.  It was a pretty good flavor, next to the Cinnamon Roll it was second place of the no artificial sweetener bars so far. I liked the chocolate chips on the inside because of the texture; it reminded me a little bit of a chocolate chunk brownie or something because of the toothiness of the chips.
This one was a winner, I'd repurchase for future use!
In the kitchen, I am keeping it simple. My corned beef that had been in the freezer was finally thawed enough today to start cooking down. I started it at 9 a.m. on low, and I'll turn it off in about fifteen minutes (eight hours makes it so tender, it falls apart). I personally love corned beef more than a simple roast; the strong flavors and more briny nature of the meat is just perfect. My favorite part is the fatty underside of this cut; I already stripped the fat off separately (it was ready and I was impatient) and ate it ALL. These other monkeys around my house can eat the lean stuff; the taste of the fat of corned beef is almost like butter. SO GOOD and awesome for you!
I would say this is my favorite Crock Pot meal.
I joined (well, technically rejoined) a website today that occasionally offers free trial products - Toluna. It also is a surveys website, social media center of sorts, and the points you gain can be used towards gift cards and other prizes. I do like that they have occasional products available to test; I am signed up for their Hello Kitty shampoo trial that is coming up. Unfortunately not everyone gets picked for their product trials, but I admit that for this one I am a prime candidate; I have two girls, both of whom think "kitty" is "so cute". I would love to get this one for my little ladies!

When my samples, PINCHme boxes, and campaign box from BzzAgent all come in I will try to spread out the reviews as much as possible. I have a LARGE VOLUME of items expected in the next three to six weeks with a lot of information to cover. Most of what I am expecting are items I am trying for other websites and companies for free to pass along my honest opinions on these products. If you want to do the same thing for some of these sites, use me as your referral! My links are:

BzzAgent: Try Products For Free In Exchange For Reviews
PINCHme: Free Samples, No Gimmicks!

With a very diligent effort, I was invited to my first BzzAgent campaign in a week. I have completed all of my surveys and have been very active on this blog along with a couple of posts on BzzAgent's Facebook page as well. I don't know if any of that influenced my invite to this campaign, but my goal is to be as awesome of an agent as possible to be invited to even better future campaigns! I will pass along as many of my experiences as possible to try and show what being an amateur product tester is like. Eventually I'd like to make this and my small business my focus more than a 9-5 job!

No comments:

Post a Comment