Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Few New Freebies

Through my seemingly endless search for more sites to use for trying products and getting freebies, I found two more that are not spam-filled and completely legit. Firstly, my favorite of my two new sites, is Influenster. I have already gotten my first invite from their website for a campaign to write two Ebay guides; the reward was a $25 Ebay gift card (and I've already completed the campaign - only took about thirty or less minutes). Rewards such as these do take a bit of time to arrive (their site warns that it may take a few weeks), but $25 for less than thirty minutes of work is wonderful! I rarely use Ebay, but I will have to find something to buy for myself that I can really use. I am hoping that Influenster offers more campaigns soon. I also like their reviews system; they have almost every possible product on the market available for review and these reviews net you badges and points.

The second site I found on my search was Swaggable. Swaggable acts like many other sample sites, but it uses your "wish list" of products you've said you'd like to try to gather an idea of what products might be a good fit for you. I am very new to Swaggable, and I have not received any notifications of samples being available for me yet, but I will keep on top of it and hope for the best!

Work freebie today - Zevia zero calorie (natural) soda in the flavor of... Mountain Zevia lol.
These don't taste the best, but sometimes
I like to drink them just as something different.
Like the caption says, I would never go out of my way to buy any of the all natural zero calorie sodas. They don't taste very good in general; I get one from time to time because the can has been dropped and damaged (as was the case here) and taste them. This one wasn't bad; the citrus-y flavors like this one tend to taste the best (or other fruity flavors have been pretty okay too). The cola was awful and I wouldn't choose to drink it again even if it was free haha.

Today's Quest bar was Vanilla Almond Crunch. It was pretty good. I would say definitely not Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough good, but a lot better than Chocolate Peanut Butter or Coconut Cashew hehe. I would eat it again... but am craving some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ugh!
Yes, I got lazy and stole an image from Quest.
This one isn't terrible at all. Definitely one I'd eat again.
I didn't have the best day at my 9-5 job. After almost ten years of working there, I have no more power than I did nine years ago and it's starting to wear on me. I was supposed to do one of my first more senior tasks today... sit in with my manager on a new hire interview. I was so excited! Then, when it came time for the interview, the assistant manager showed up on his day off and took my spot in the interview. Disappointed is an understatement. I'm frankly kind of hurt. When I got home the first thing I did, to try and clear my head, was work in the garden. I weeded around the base of most of the plants I have and took pictures of a lot of things. Seeing some great growth here!!!!
 Dill - about four inches tall now.
 Lavender blooms. Phone cameras suck.
 My foot at the bottom is for scale purposes.
Peppermint bush is HUGE. Lavender on right.
 Potato, soon to bloom. It's about 3ft tall.
 Sunflowers, about 2ft tall for the tallest ones.
Watermelon, getting tall - this should start to vine out soon.
Really enjoyed playing in the garden for a little while. I used my natural plant food today, so I am sure my plants will go through another growth spurt in a week or so from that lol. My prior problems thankfully disappeared once I started "playing" in the dirt. Weeds are a disaster for me and I figure if I pull a few here and there every day then I might take back some semblance of a garden.

Dinner was Low Carb Sweet and Sour Chicken by Craig at ruled.me. This is a favorite recipe of mine, and I am so glad that I used every dish and measuring instrument in my kitchen just to eat this for a few days. Low carb is the best sometimes - and recipes like this prove it.
Who says low carb can't taste like the real thing?
Frankly it tastes even better. 100% homemade.
Let's hope my luck starts looking up tomorrow and I get something free sample wise in the mail finally tomorrow (cough cough PINCHme boxes, let's go cough cough). I am not a patient lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment