Tuesday, April 28, 2015

SampleSource Shines, Quest, Citronella

Greetings fellow freebie (and freedom!) lovers. I am pleased to announce that I found another great samples website to follow. SampleSource offers free samples every so often in shipments (I qualified for eight different products) based upon your answers to a brief survey system. It took me less than five minutes after signing up, and like most sample companies my items will arrive in 4-6 weeks. Much like PINCHme, they were very professional and easy to use with a wide variety of products available for me in my personal box (gummy vitamins for hair, two different shampoo and conditioner products by Garnier, Cascadian Farms granola, Breathe Right strips, Seventh Generation baby wipes, and a few other items). You should definitely check them out if you love a variety of free samples with almost no hassles!!!

Please don't forget to get free clothes for children (oh, and there are some women's clothes too that I plan on sifting through once I get a few more credits in) using the Schoola website. Specifically my link is here... USE IT!!! I greatly appreciate it, and you will get a free $15 for using me as a referral as well. It is mutually beneficial!


One of my newer garden items purchased last weekend (reminder: my weekend is Monday and Tuesday) was a citronella plant. My other half researched it and found out it was a member of the geranium family (good to know - geranium is also good as an insect repellent and the oil is used in a lot of natural bug sprays much like citronella), and it looks nothing like I thought it would. It smells heavenly though, and if you rub your fingers on it you smell like natural bug spray hehe. Here's a picture of my plant that I took earlier this morning:
It's a very unique looking plant.
My son and I tried these two new flavors of Quest bar this morning (we split both in half so we ate only one whole bar but two different halves of flavor).
Peanut Butter Supreme was tasty.
Chocolate Brownie was oddly disappointing.
The Peanut Butter Supreme was by far the better tasting of the two flavors. It does have peanut pieces in it, but they are generally not too large or overwhelming. I was surprised this bar was my favorite of the two; I really am not a peanut flavored anything fan. This bar was quite tasty and worth a repurchase in the future. Quinlan also agreed with me. The Chocolate Brownie bar was not BAD, but after eating the peanuty one it didn't taste quite like a brownie at all. The chocolate flavor in it did not taste entirely genuine after eating a peanut flavor and I think the peanut bar just muddled my taste buds; I'd be willing to try the brownie bar again in the future just to see if it tastes better on its own without eating a different flavor immediately before.

I'm impatiently awaiting my samples! PINCHme will be releasing new samples this coming Tuesday (May 5th) at noon. I will definitely be attending the "release party"! You should use me as a referral for PINCHme too; other than maybe a little higher rating, I get no direct compensation for using anyone as a referral. I just love their site, so use my link:  Get in on PINCHme

Let's hope some new samples come in so I can give you all the scoop on some products!

No comments:

Post a Comment