Thursday, April 23, 2015

New Shoes, More Freebies

Exciting day! One of my two deliveries this week came in: my new shoes from Amazon! A pair of shoes for $23 is a great deal almost anywhere, and these particular shoes were mostly given favorable reviews on Amazon. I am someone who stands on my feet for eight hours a day at my job, so I was definitely interested in a pair that could be more comfortable and help with my aches and pains. Thus, my Ryka's were purchased.
 Fresh out of the box.
On my feet; pretty comfy so far! Work tomorrow will test that.
Definitely a funny looking shoe, but I think that I like them. I really had wanted this shoe in black, but that particular color wasn't part of the Amazon deal so I went with this, the second best option. I think these will go well with the pair of black slacks I plan on wearing tomorrow; they are almost like yoga pants and aren't super long. My jeans I'm wearing today do look a little funny with these!

My work freebie of the day was a squeeze bottle of Muir Glen's Pizza Sauce. I definitely like the idea of a squeeze bottle for some tomato products like this versus the traditional can. The sugar level (none added, just naturally from the tomatoes) are still a little high for me per serving compared to my favorite brand (Rao's!), but the family will use it up at some point for mozzarella sticks or fresh baked pizzas.
Too lazy to take my own picture. My only work freebie today.

I started using yet another free sample list website along with freesamples.org that I posted about yesterday; I Love Free Things is another good resource, very similar to freesamples.org, that lists a variety of free offers available around the web. Some of the ones they had on their lists were ones I had not seen yet on some of my other free sample websites. so it might come in handy for your freebie gathering. Let me know if you know of any good resources I haven't mentioned yet in my posts and I'll give you a shout out!

Okay, so I am famous for some of my crazy food concoctions. As I've mentioned, I am pretty strict low carb so my options are limited, but when I come up with a crazy idea I tend to bring it to fruition to see if it was tasty. Well, here's a super odd combo that I just happen to love: protein powder, cream, and a packet of Oxylent. So here are the main two components besides the heavy whipping cream:
 My favorite whey protein, BioChem's Sugar Free Whey Isolate.
Oxylent - an effervescent powdered multi. Sugar free, zero calories... and tasty!
So the method is as follows... add enough cream to make a paste/pudding sort of consistency with the whey protein. Once it is about to this point, add the Oxylent and stir well. You'll notice that, due to the effervescence of the powdered multi, the pudding suddenly has a bit of air to it and looks more like a mousse. This is the optimal EAT ME time!!! I don't know why this crazy combo appeals to me, but this stuff tastes awesome and has only 1g carb per serving, 20g protein, a fair amount of healthy fats from the cream, and a full day's worth of a multivitamin to boot.  In a normal situation you'd obviously be putting the Oxylent in water, but I am far from normal folks. My creative side with food combinations comes out sometimes, and in this case it was a total success from my viewpoint. Here's a picture of how my finished product from this morning looked (I used the Sparkling Berries one):
 Protein mousse, berry flavor. Don't knock it til you try it.
YUM! I love stuff like this; feel free to call me crazy.

Tomorrow I'm expecting my package from Quest, so get SUPER excited for that! I will be happy to share with everyone all the pictures and box opening joy to see what flavors they sent me (maybe they sent me a Mint Chocolate bar, their newest flavor that was just unveiled days after I placed my order... we'll see!). I also hope that their whey protein sample that was sent with my order is good too. Maybe I'll use it to make a pudding like the one above (though the flavor is chocolate, it might be weird... but chocolate and orange go together right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment