Saturday, April 25, 2015

Smiley360, Broody Hen, Strawberry Cheesecake

Let's get to business, shall we? I have no new freebies to report today, but I will give my reviews on a few things, including the website and food item listed in the title of this post. I also plan on coloring my hair tonight with an item I got for free from work a while back; I have used Naturtint brand hair color before, but I have not used it since I started reviewing products and writing this blog! I think you guys deserve an honest review, since I planned on using the box of hair color tonight anyways. First though, my food experience of the day.

Mmm. Strawberry Cheesecake, done in the style of Quest Bar.

So, it did have a bit of a berry taste so it, and I am glad that they use freeze-dried strawberries in this bar. I personally felt the tartness that's present in a cheesecake was not prevalent enough, however; I am a big fan of the zero sucralose types of Quest bars but this flavor was a little underwhelming to me. The overall taste was good, but it definitely is not my favorite of the Quest bars. I would definitely say my favorite so far of the all natural ones is Cinnamon Roll, while the Apple Pie flavor is my favorite one with sucralose. Tomorrow I will try a White Chocolate Raspberry bar I believe.

So far I am a really big fan of BzzAgent. If they remain as professional as they have been so far then I will gladly do campaigns for them as many times as they invite me. That point has been further solidified with my discovery of a similar website as BzzAgent: Smiley 360. The premise is very similar to BzzAgent's purpose: using a variety of methods and outlets, allow people to try free things in exchange for their honest, unbiased opinion on the products sampled. The problem I see, so far, with Smiley 360 is the process just isn't honed enough. When I joined BzzAgent, I had 20 or 30 different surveys waiting to get to know me, see what my household uses or could use, and match me to some type of product campaign. They also emphasized social media connections and even writing a blog (frankly, BzzAgent is WHY this blog exists, but it's not the sole reason I have this blog anymore either). Smiley 360's interface isn't as polished or well-planned, and their surveys are lacking (only two to start with and no other obvious activities to dive into to try and get yourself into a campaign). I have been checking back, but they really have nothing else to offer me with regards to matching me to anything it would seem. If I had to choose between one or the other, BzzAgent wins by a landslide so far. After all, in one week I was matched to an awesome campaign that actually is something we can use NOW; my five year old is going through a flare up of allergies and I can't wait to get this package for free to try! It will definitely make a huge difference in how I perceive over the counter allergy items, and my opinions will be totally my own with no bias.

 This is my new color, Golden Chestnut (4G)
My last hair color session was at least six months ago, so my old color has grown out and looks a tad funny. I have very poor hair quality, but I will do a brushed out "before" picture to show the color of what I have left.
"Before" hair color. A reddish-orange with brown roots.
Alright, you get the picture. It is definitely time to have a more uniform looking color. I will be covering this with a color that's close to my own natural color, 4G (Golden Chestnut). This kit is special because there are no harsh ammonias or parabens; if you wanted to find a more natural, less smelly version of your traditional hair color you buy at the drug store, then this is it. You use it the same way you would use any Garnier or Clairol boxed hair color: mix the two bottles, let sit, rinse out, condition, rinse. 
Easy as pie... well, actually a lot easier.
It is permanent (never washes out but grows out as your hair grows) just like most regular store hair colors too. I have always had accurate results with Naturtint colors, including any grays that I might have and being spread evenly in my hair without being too overly fake looking. The bottle also has PLENTY of colorant in it, especially for those of you with thin hair like myself or shorter hair. I didn't even use the whole bottle and here's how my hair looks while the color is setting:
There still was at least a third of the bottle left,
and my hair is dripping wet with colorant throughout.
Here is my after picture, so you can compare:
Consistent color from root to tip. I like it.
Since it is more natural than regular hair color, it obviously does cost more. Natural foods stores and other markets with similar products will usually carry this brand (it is very popular), and if you catch it on sale then you might get it for a comparable price. For those of you who are looking for a more natural product that works just as good as a regular store hair color but is still easy to use, this is the product for you! I am very happy with my results and am a big fan of this brand.

Homestead news: one of our two black silkies is extremely broody and currently sitting full-time on a nest full of eggs; we candled them tonight and 13 are viable. Soon we'll see some babies! If you want to see what a broody hen does all day, here are the pictures to show it.
 See the egg sticking out from under her?
She won't move...for almost anything.
If you get close to her she gets all huffy.

Until tomorrow, I think I'll try to work in the garden some tomorrow and pass along some new info I've learned about zucchini plants (then you won't get as upset as I was at first when I went into my garden this afternoon LOL) on the blog tomorrow. I'm hoping to see some fruit growing soon on them. I  might transplant a couple of baby plants too, we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment