Saturday, May 23, 2015

All Natural Low Prices

Today was a great day to leave work early; after working long, extra hours the other four days of this week I had to exit almost three and a half hours early to avoid going into overtime. I work at a natural foods market, and in my last Sample Source box I received a coupon for Seventh Generation Baby Wipes - $2 off. This most recent sales cycle at work these wipes went on sale for $2.99, and I also get an extra 20% off as my employee discount. Woodstock Farms also has all of their frozen veggies on sale for various prices (I purchased non-gmo frozen edamame - on sale for $2.29) and these also have a $1 off coupon on each bag purchased (my bags, before my 20% employee discount, were $1.29 each). With all of my discounts, sale prices, and coupons I bought all three for about $2.25! Not bad at all considering this would have been over $10 at normal price.

My excitement over my free Florida Country Superfest tickets is, sadly, going to be short lived. The disadvantage of being so isolated on our homestead in the country is that we have no one to watch the children, and our lack of trust of others with our children does not facilitate easily finding someone in a short period of time to do it. I will be picking up the tickets on Wednesday after work, but I am not sure that it will come to fruition that I get to go. I desperately want to, but my fiance is not keen on the idea of staying with the kids while I go with anyone else (I kind of want to take my Dad as a Father's Day present a week before the actual holiday). I will try to very gently continue suggesting this idea for a little while. I really do not want to sell the tickets or even give them away unless I'm one of the people going.

My detergent sample from The Laundress was not very impressive; I used it in a small load of laundry and it smelled great going in, but I really didn't notice any pleasant smells that remained after the entire washing process. I'm sure in a much larger quantity I might have enjoyed it more, but from that small sample packet I was not very impressed overall. What I really need to do is find somewhere that has Method laundry products for a fairly low price; I still have a $3 off coupon for any Method laundry product and would love to get their laundry detergent to try. When I do try them I need to do a good review for PINCHme, who originally sent me the coupons in my sample box.

Hoping to see more samples and other free items arriving in the mail soon; I will try the in shower lotion sample by Nivea soon too. Be sure to keep it freebie and embrace your freedom too - loving this backwoods life, even through the struggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment