Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Garden and Chicken Pics

I have been very busy today between work and home; I also spent a long time yesterday night making candles. First I'll update on the chickens. We are still at nine chicks with the older hen, while the younger hen has seemingly abandoned her nest (we had to move it because she was under our house with fifteen eggs). We are sad to lose so many eggs, but it is not a proper place to have a nest in the midst of tons of insulation. Here is our older hen and her babies.
Action shot - she won't let me be near her for long.
I also spent a good amount of time watering the garden and weeding a bit. I don't really have any super interesting tidbits on the garden except it seems like things are going well. Garden:
 Three basil plants. Basil is easy to grow.
 My healthiest collard plant.
 All of my dill plants are finally starting to take off.
 Jalapeno, my only somewhat okay looking pepper.
 Potatoes, soon to be dug out I would imagine.
 Sunflowers, towering over tomato plants.
 Watermelon vines are small but slowly moving.
This is my largest zucchini. Hope they get big.
I should be getting samples from a variety of sources in the mail soon. I haven't tried any different products recently, but I would like to note that my natural deodorant trial is still going AMAZING. I am so overly impressed that I have not smelled bad once in the week plus that I have been using this product, and I am already convinced that I will keep using this in the future. No more antiperspirants or aluminum based products for me!

Keep it free(bie)!

No comments:

Post a Comment