Monday, May 11, 2015

Double The Samples and Cash!

What's better than getting one sample box in the mail...? Getting two! What's even better than getting two sample boxes in the mail? Getting mailed $10 in cash with $20 more coming upon completion of a survey for Nielsen! Today's mail call for this mama was a late Mother's Day gift, frankly; if the mail had delivered on a Sunday I would have been inundated with these awesome gifts! Firstly, I must say how awesome it is to get a Nielsen survey in the mail; they claim to mail cash directly to you for the chance to do their surveys, and THEY DO! Here's my picture from my envelope:
$10 in the mail, $20 more for a VERY short survey.
It's hard not to LOVE this deal; I got paid $30 for about five minutes' worth of a survey. Just think, if you put it into an hourly perspective, I got paid about $360 an hour. Nielsen can mail me a survey any time they like and I will gladly assist them with their efforts to answer any questions they have!

I got my second PINCHme box in today; this one was a full haul rather than only two different products. I am especially excited to try the Shea Moisture products for my sad hair.
This was a great haul from PINCHme. I especially am
excited for the Shea Moisture stuff. Other half will sleep
good tonight - the ZzzQuil is a 6 serving box!!!
Chris did not like the PezHedz candy; he is very particular about texture and the gelatin-free gummies are just a bit softer texture wise than he likes. The kids enjoyed them though and ate them all quickly. I already have had the PureVia sweetener and we thew the package away without even opening it; it is a very poor replacement for real stevia. The haircare stuff is exciting; the hair masque is something I definitely plan on using a few times. This sample is HUGE, and I have such thin, fine hair that it'll last for quite a while.

Sample Source's first box for me came in today as well. What a joy! I actually have eight different products in this box, which is more than what PINCHme sends, but Sample Source is only every few months instead of monthly like PINCHme. It's a bit of a trade off, but I got a couple of natural foods brands items in this box including Seventh Generation wipes and a bag of Pumpkin Flax Granola from Nature's Path. Either way, this is a good haul for a box too.
Even though the gummies had sugar, I ate them.
Four grams of carbs on a low intake day isn't bad.
Chris is excited for the Breathe Right strips (hard to see but they are to the right of the granola), while I am excited for the hair stuff again. I used the two wipes on the baby already; I got a $2 off coupon for the same wipes so with my discount at work I could almost get another regular sized package of the same wipes for free. If they go on sale soon I will post more about my coupon score. The Truvia is awful so it also got thrown away much like the Pure Via. Real stevia only for this lady!

And lastly, we refreshed my Pro Flowers bouquet today. One flower (a yellow rose, my favorite) was sadly wilted already and we threw it away. I am down to 11 flowers, and they have fully opened up now. They look okay, but I am still unimpressed as a whole; I've definitely gotten better flowers from other services such as 1-800-Flowers that were not already bruised upon arrival.
Not bad, but one flower was dead.
I'm a big fan of the yellow roses here.
I will say that they opened up very nicely, and even with only 11 instead of the full dozen the vase looks much fuller and less sad now that the blooms are really getting large. They also do smell very nice; I love the smell of roses almost more than any other flowers. My mom is a nice lady!

In the coming days I will update my reviews for these various products we have gotten in the mail today. Chris is always a very polarizing reviewer, and the sleeping items I got in (Breathe Right strips and ZzzQuil) are both things entirely for him. I am sure he'll let me know what he thinks, too!

Have a great day, folks, and keep it free(bie)!

No comments:

Post a Comment