Saturday, May 2, 2015

Me, a Winner?! Yes!!!

After a long day at work (by myself for the majority of it), I came home to find a package with my name on it from the mail in a manilla envelope. Chris commented that it "looked like a book." All I could think to myself was, "I didn't order any books..." so we opened it up, and OMG!!! Look what was inside to my amazement!
 I won a contest for a free book!
Thank you Jimmy Moore! I love the low-carb community.
He even autographed it for me, I am so honored.
One day I will make it to a LC conference and thank him.
I almost never win ANYTHING, and I was not notified of being one of the winners... so this package was a total surprise! Thanks to Jimmy for sure! It made up for not getting anything else good (honestly just got a lot of really depressing mail otherwise) and then some. I am already starting to read it; I devour books like these regarding nutrition and whatnot - especially since some of it is my job! I take great satisfaction from learning more about the benefits of a low-carb lifestyle just because so far it has been a godsend for myself. I have not mentioned it in depth, but I have lost 68 lbs over two years of strict low carb lifestyle. I'd be glad to share more or help anyone out if you need it - give me some feedback and comments!

I actually forgot that yesterday, May 1, was my two year anniversary of no cheating and low carb. Go me for being so determined to keep my health - especially for my kiddos more than anything.

Anywho, I got a few other items today to talk about - I got four pouches of fruit and veggie mix baby stuff from work by Plum Organics... my youngest, Amelia, loves these things. She ate them all very fast - as soon as she saw them come out of my bag she was very excited for a snack!
She ate four at once. I guess that is positive feedback.
I used my new deodorant I mentioned yesterday - the brand is Soap Me With Nature (really weird name imo, but anywho...) and I have the lavender scent... pictured here:
Stock picture from their website.
So far... day one was a success.
If it continues to work as well as it has worked today, then I might have a natural deodorant winner! I smelled like lavender for most of the day, and even though I don't smell like lavender anymore over twelve hours later... I don't stink either. I can definitely handle that!!! I also did not experience any kind of irritation (I have had allergic reactions to many natural deodorants in the past), itchiness, or other nasty issues. I will definitely keep on rolling with this experiment. I'd love to get rid of the aluminum filled stuff I usually use (don't ask me why traditional deodorants don't break me out - beats the hell out of me).

I also tried a pre-made low carb protein shake today by Orgain. Orgain's products are doctor formulated, super clean, and with this particular product sugar free as well (only this one though, their other products do have carbs in them). Their ready to drink Chocolate Protein Shake piqued my interest and is on sale at my workplace so I bought one to try and tell you what I thought.
Says 3g net carbs... but according to the
nutrition facts it really should be 2g net.
So there are some plusses here: low carb and no sugar added, certified organic with some grass fed whey protein included, and there is no junk whatsoever that I have issues with. All great things. The only bad thing about this product? Honestly, it tastes pretty awful. I drank it all, don't get me wrong, but I would not go out of my way to purchase it again. Considering most Quest bars have similar statistics to this shake... yet taste 200000% better... and cost the same too... I think I will buy a few boxes of Quest bars and call it a day if I want this kind of snack. I guess if I was desperate and a store had something like this available I would force it down, but if I know a GNC is five miles down the road then I'd wait and go buy a few Quest bars hehe.

Speaking of Quest bars... I wish I was a rich lady because I'd have already ordered a box... or three :) Someone buy me a few boxes so I can have a yummy dessert every day! Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough... I still haven't tried Cookies N Creme or the Lemon ones either because they weren't in my variety box. Gift me some bars if you love me **wink wink**

Still waiting on sample boxes in the mail - PINCHme's delivery times are agonizing! I should be receiving my campaign box from BzzAgent in the next week with Claritin Kids products inside - my son needs them badly too! I hope this will help him through the day but especially at night; night seems to be when he gets a lot of drainage and has an awful cough and some congestion. Anywho... thanks for reading as always - and I hope I get some feedback soon! Give me some 1+ on Google+ too folks, any kudos gives me a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment