Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Reviews of Samples - Shea Moisture, Colgate, Breathe Right

We started using our samples last night from both the PINCHme and Sample Source boxes. My fiance Chris tried a Breathe Right strip, while I have been using the toothpaste (Optic White) and the Shea Moisture shampoo and hair masque. One day worth of use isn't a great picture, but obviously with sample sized products I'm kind of limited in how well I can assess them without purchasing a full size product.

Firstly, I'll start with the Shea Moisture haircare items. These packets will last me two uses I think.
Of these, I have the two on the far right (shampoo, masque).
I like the fact that this brand really is trying to be natural; of what I am used to selling at work in a natural foods market, all of the "no parabens, no sulfates" etc statements that most companies strive for are listed on the label. My sample packets do not have ingredients unfortunately, so I can't give my full opinion on what kind of quality I really think the ingredients individually are. Both packets smelled great, but I liked how the shampoo smelled more than the masque (the masque was kind of fruity, while the shampoo had more of an earthy, fresh smell that I liked more). I decided after using these to not use my leave-in conditioner after my shower just to see what kind of effect just the shampoo and masque alone would have. I didn't find there to be any dramatic effects after one use of both, but I wish I could continue using them on a long term basis to get a better estimation of them.

The Colgate Optic White toothpaste I received is a travel size, so it will last maybe a week.
Minty freshness of toothpaste.
One thing I will be trying to keep an eye on is the increased whiteness claims; I am a big coffee drinker and haven't ever been to a dentist, so my teeth aren't exactly the whitest of the white. I will definitely be sure to make note of any increased whiteness in a week's time of using this product and will be trying to use it twice a day (I admit that I am not the most tooth brushing compliant person in the world).  I liked the mint flavor (and it is a little strong, which didn't bother me much), and my teeth still feel very clean hours after using the product. I can't tell yet any dramatic changes, but I am sure that I'll have more to report as time continues on.

Chris used the Breathe Right strips, but he told me today that he was having issues getting it to stick on properly. I will personally try to use the other myself I think tonight; I generally do sleep very well, but if these make my sleep even better I think I might be able to tell. I have never slept with anything stuck to my face (and I don't think he really had either), so it might be a similar situation as to what he experienced last night. Especially since it's a non-medicated form of sleep aid, I am definitely willing to put it to the test myself to see if I notice anything dramatic (or even subtle).

We also received a free catalog with stickers from Henry Rifles today. We love stickers around this house, and since my other half is in the firearms industry we love rifles for sure. It's going to good use and he claimed the sticker as his own! I am sure he'll glance in the catalog too.

I watered the garden today, fed the chicks a couple of times, and am in the midst of working on candle business stuff (I am making four different batches of candles tonight). I am in the process of also researching a way to sell my candles online; I am finding that the process of using Ebay and Etsy is more than my patience can endure. I wish there was a large scale market place that wasn't so complicated and small business friendly. I might look into hosting my own site for sales, since I am not terrible with computers and coding and really want an easier set up than twenty steps to sell one item with fees on top of that too.

Time to work on candles! Keep it freebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment