Saturday, May 9, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

It's one of the biggest holidays of the year: Mother's Day. I am a mother of three wonderful kiddos, and my own mom sent me a dozen roses through Pro Flowers today. Even though I wasn't the purchaser, as the receiver of the gift I'm going to do a quick review. Here's my flowers:
Pretty roses for me... thanks Mom.
These were purchased through Pro Flowers.
As someone who almost never gets gifts, especially girly gifts like flowers, I was a bit touched. It was a rough day for me today, and this was honestly one of the best parts of it. I was at work, so my other half sent me this picture to show me what came for me. I am home now, obviously, and I am closer to my vase and can see that there are issues. **I am beyond appreciative to my mom and this is NOT anything against her or what she did for me.** The flowers already are showing signs of brownness, and my fiance put them in water as soon as possible as the instructions stated. The leaves of the roses in my arrangement have brown splotches and look droopy a bit. I am quite sure this can be attributed to Pro Flowers themselves rather than anything else; if I had sent this to my mom and they looked like this upon delivery I'd be a little annoyed. Either way, this is the first time I've gotten flowers in years, and I am super happy to have them. They look nice on my table.

I suffered through some anxiety today. I am quite sure that it's a combination of a variety of issues, but I was almost incapacitated with so many worries at once that I couldn't handle it. Even after trying to talk it out with my spouse (he's honestly not the best at this sort of thing and came close to making it worse) I felt really terrible and needed something to help me through the situation. I decided to take some kava liquid extract by HerbPharm.
Definitely a must for anxiety.
Thank goodness for this stuff. For a few minutes I did feel a little funny, but the overall effect was to just put me in a totally different place and let my mind relax. I felt so much better. Without this kava today I might feel terrible still even now; instead I feel mostly normal, even though my chest is a little tight. It helps that it's Saturday night; this night is generally very quiet and I don't have to worry about getting up early in the morning as I normally would. I took the last of an old bottle, but I will be working on getting a free (fresh) bottle from our rep the next time she's in the store.

No free samples came in the mail for me today. We are officially at 11 baby chicks with two eggs that we think will hatch in the next few days. The chicks are already following their mom around and eating regular scratch and corn. My children think the babies are the greatest thing ever (I really do too, they are super cute). I can only hope that our chicks grow into chickens that we can keep around a while or eat if anything; we are homesteaders, these guys are a great food source.

Tomorrow is Sunday, so it will probably be a slow day. I will be at work most of the night. Use Hunt4Freebies if you want to get your own freebies online easy - they are still the cream of the crop with getting small free items of all types. Keep it freebie, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment