Friday, May 8, 2015

Chicks are Here!

I am going through a time of great personal stress, but I am going to try to keep it light and continue bringing reviews of free (and not so free) things that I receive from various companies and other services like BzzAgent, PINCHme, and Sample Source. Firstly, though, my favorite part of the day: we have baby chicks hatching, and they are absolutely adorable.
So far we have six or seven cuties. Mama is very protective.
I don't like our set up with these babies, but Chris is really in charge of most of this situation. I really am not here enough to take responsibility for the babies or try to do more with them. I imagine we'll see some more babies come out in the next couple of days. I hope this mama is ready for a lot of kiddos to take care of. Goodness knows I couldn't deal with that many at once.

I received a sample of Zing sweetener in the mail; it really tasted just like Pure Via and Truvia. If you are someone who is accustomed to using straight stevia like I am, none of these products even come close to the sweetness I like. It seems like there is no real alternative that is better for me; KAL stevia still rules the roost with regards to taste and how it mixes in my coffee. If you haven't tried this particular stevia brand before I suggest you should; I don't find it to be bitter at all and the sweetness level I am looking for is there. I absolutely adore it and always tell people it is my personal favorite. These other brands I have gotten samples of recently all list dextrose as the first ingredient; I don't think that works for me AT ALL! Stevia should be your primary ingredient, and there are definitely brands out there that aren't bitter, you just have to taste a few - KAL is the one that works for me.

I picked up my immersion blender yesterday too. I am very happy with it after two uses; it serves exactly the purpose I wanted. I wanted something to blend my coffee (or other shakes) to a frothy consistency without pulling out a blender and having to wash twenty pieces of dishes afterwards. With this immersion blender below I only wash ONE item, and it's an easy one to wash too.
I haven't tried the attachments yet, but it works with the stick just fine.
I'm happy with the stick attachment. I haven't tried anything else with the product yet. So far, just by these two uses, I am very happy with the purchase. I will keep using it and give you an update if something changes or if I particularly like the attachments. I like Hamilton Beach generally because they make cheaper versions of expensive brand products. My coffee maker was a hit, though I admit my stand mixer was a bust (the stand is garbage, but the mixer itself is fine). I will update you as to where this one falls in my opinion after using it for a while.

I took one garden picture today of my largest potato plant; it is flowering. This is a crappy pic.
I think it'll be time to dig up potatoes soon.

That's the only real updates I have today. I know I have another PINCHme box that should arrive soon, a Sample Source box, and other samples I have sent off for from a variety of companies. Expect more reviews and overviews of different products and projects in the near future. Keep it freebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment