Thursday, May 28, 2015

Genealogy, Garden Dinner, VoxBox Shipped!

One of my older cousins has decided to collaborate a bit in the spirit of creating a family tree. Genealogy is an avid interest of mine, but I admittedly only do it every once in a while. When he asked me about our tree, I got interested and started working on a record of sorts of our own family tree from our mutual grandmother's side. Using FREE resources through Rootsweb and other online search projects, I am easily able to find most of my paternal grandmother's family tree with a few holes here and there. My other family members are more difficult from a free standpoint, but I highly suggest Rootsweb if your family has a well-documented genealogy.

Tonight I'm cleaning out some items out of my fridge and using a zucchini in my garden to make a squash hash of sorts. I am using a yellow squash (free from work), my zucchini, and a leftover hunk of summer sausage. I diced them all up...
Before being cooked... diced to perfection! Looks pretty.
I seem to be one of the few people out there that prefers her veggies cooked down a bit to where they are soft. I cooked this down with some spices and a dash of lemon juice (I cook with lemon ALL the time); once most of the liquid cooked out this is what I was left with.
Finished dish. This is DELICIOUS.
Needless to say, I couldn't resist eating a bit of this immediately. It tastes SO amazing. It's one of the best foods I've eaten in a long time, and it's perfectly on plan for me (fresh cooked, very little carb, good amount of healthy fats - also cooked this stuff in about 3T of butter too).

Lastly, I am super excited to announce that my first VoxBox from Influenster has shipped today! My dashboard on their page shows a tracking number, and I should have it arrive sometime next week. Free things are super awesome, and I am really hyped up for my first box with full sized samples to really go through and use; in return all of these products get my unbiased opinion about their items. I love getting things for free, and I greatly appreciate Influenster for picking me for the Nurture VoxBox.

My perfume still is not here; I am going to be checking my account soon to see if I can get an expected delivery date. I am sure it will arrive any time but it has been a while now.

Keep it freebie folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment